In addition to releasing iOS 8.1.1 for iPhone and iPad users, Apple has released OS X Yosemite 10.10.1 with bug fixes and performance improvements for Macs running the latest version of the desktop operating system. Mac users that have experienced WiFi performance issues running Yosemite should expect improvements with this bug fix release. The update is available for Macs running OS X Yosemite through the Updates tab of the Mac App Store.
In addition to addressing WiFi performance, Apple says OS X 10.10.1 also includes improvements for Microsoft Exchange users and fixes for Mail. You can read the full list of changes below.
The OS X Yosemite v10.10.1 Update improves the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac. This update:
- Improves Wi-Fi reliability
- Improves reliability when connecting to a Microsoft Exchange server
- Resolves an issue that may prevent Mail from sending messages through certain email service providers
- Addresses an issue prevents connecting to remote computers using Back to My Mac
- Resolves an issue where sharing services, Notification Center widgets and Actions may not be available
- Addresses an issue that could cause Notiication Center settings to not be retained after a restart
- Addresses an issue that might prevent the Mac App Store from displaying certain updates
- Addresses an issue that could prevent some Mac mini computers from waking from sleep
- Resolves an issue that might prevent Time Machine from displaying older backups
- Addresses an issue that might prevent entering text in Japanese
Apple also notes that the maintenance update to OS X Yosemite includes improvements for enterprise users:
- Allows you to append search domains for partially qualified domain names when performing DNS lookups (consult the discoveryd man page for more information)
- Addresses an issue where the Mac App Store might offer an update to Apple Remote Desktop when the latest version is already installed
Apple has posted the official support document for the latest version of OS X Yosemite here. OS X Yosemite debuted last month as a free update for Mac users introducing a redesigned interface to the operating system and several new features that connect the iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
Filed under: Mac Tagged: Apple, enterprise, Mac, Mail, Microsoft Exchange, Notification Center, OS X, OS X 10.10, OS X 10.10.1, os x yosemite, wifi, yosemite