The companion app to Google’s $35 Chromecast dongle received an update today with a handful of improvements and changes. Bumping the app to version 1.11.4116, the update brings several interface tweaks. First off, the devices view of the app has been redesigned with a card-like interface. The devices screen also now lists what backdrop is currently being displayed along with casting status.
The update also adds a new setting to change the speed of the backdrop rotation. You can also now browse through the history of backdrop images shown on the Chromecast via your phone. Google says the update improves the reliability of backdrop cards, multi-user support, and backdrop settings, as well. Finally, the update adds new background content in the form of Street Art from the Cultural institute.
The full list of changes can be seen below. The update is available now on the App Store for free.
What’s New in Version 1.11.4116
– Redesigned devices view, showing devices as cards with backdrop and casting status
– Added setting to change backdrop speed
– Browse through history of backdrop images recently shown on your Chromecasts
– Improved reliability and performance of backdrop cards
– Improved multi-user and multi-Chromecast backdrop settings
– New backdrop content: Street Art from Google Cultural Institute
Filed under: Apps, iOS Tagged: app, App Update, Chromecast, Google, update